We only accept instructions from a small but diverse number of law firms in order to avoid conflict issues, thus allowing our clients access to a wider pool of candidates.
We utilise a variety of methods including:
- Targeted approaches within our wide and well-established candidate network, many of whom would not be actively looking but with whom we would have had a relationship for a number of years.
- Thoroughly researched and appropriately carried out “head hunting” approaches made to a select number of candidates suited to the position, whose client followings are rigorously assessed for genuine portability.
- Some expertly drafted advertising copy if appropriate, either branded or anonymous.
Our Search Process
- We prefer to work to tight timescales as we believe momentum is crucial and very much linked to our extremely high success rates. Whereas the majority of search consultancies propose a period of between six months to a year, we prefer to work within a two to four month timeframe.
- We do not charge a fee upon submission of a long list but prefer to charge a competitive upfront fee with the majority of the fee upon the successful completion of the assignment.
- After conducting our research and completing initial approaches, we will meet with a number of potential candidates to build up a full picture of their backgrounds, objectives and potential suitability.
- We carefully scrutinise client following and relationships for genuine portability as well as analysing historical billing levels. The depth of analysis we carry out with candidate business plans is enhanced by our financial and law firm management expertise which differentiates us from the vast majority of our competitors.
- We then present a carefully compiled report assessing the most appropriate candidates in the market that we believe our clients should invite to interview. Whilst all firms have slightly different approaches and timescales in the way they approach recruitment, we carefully manage every stage of the process to ensure that communication and momentum is maintained at all times. We work in partnership with the client and candidate to ensure the best possible outcome for all concerned.